Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A historical pattern of abandonment

The following complaints were found in addition to the $5800 I provided.  Added all together, this is $34,380 since March of 2013.

UPDATE:  Since abandoning my job, I have learned of an additional 15K he has taken from victims in Grand Prairie in almost identical scams.

=======================================================================

AMOUNT: $4000

Complaint: 1.Abandonment of job as of August 19 2013.We paid you the agreed the $3250.00 up front per your request; you were to finish the job for the final payment as agreed.3.We gave you an additional ($750.00 payment so you could pay your employees) draw against you contract and you made the following agreement signed by you on 08-17-2013 and witnessed by MAP Rep. 4.You have been paid a total of $4000.00 and may have paid out ($700.00) towards the job according to your employees. and you Sir have left us with a major disaster such as you only completed (25%) of the work, you Sir left dangerous walls left Not braced that could fall onto the general public. You Sir told your employees that you were coming to job to pay them including a lady you hired from the adjacent apartment complex. You used U-Haul trucks to haul away debris and had your employee put it in his name so he could pay the bill for you?5.You Sir do not have the experience that you said that you have in fact you do not know how to adjust a hard hat?6.According to your conviction records you have many Thefts of checks and committed fraud, etc we should have checked your back ground first, if we had we could not hire felons like yourself for all of the oblivious reasons.7.Few more violations below. 22.We are requesting you to pay us for the losses that we have had to endure, suffer due to your actions ($6150.00) in a cashier checks made out to MAP Investment Group, LLC within 10 days of receipt of the request.
Product_Or_Service: contract to perform demo work


ref:
http://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-reviews/contractors-general/juan-garcia-construction-in-dallas-tx-90241320/complaints#breakdown
http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JUAN-GARCIA-11-CONSTRUCTION/dallas-Texas-76210/JUAN-GARCIA-11-CONSTRUCTION-RIP-OFF-Hired-Garcia-to-demolish-and-haul-away-a-two-story-b-1080153
http://juangarciaiiiconstructionreview.blogspot.com/

=======================================================================

AMOUNT: $6200

Job is not done as expected, home insurance policy will be cancel if job is not done by Jun 3 crews has not show for 5 days. contractor unproffesional
We did a contract on may 14 the approximate time for this job to finish was given by the contractor was five days, I explained the situation that the job needed to be done by June 3rd due to home insurance purposes. Contractor asked for $6200 in advance for material and to pay his labor. I was told I would get a receipt for the material which did not happen. On May the 20th a different crew took over the house work sent by ****** Construction. A week went by and the crew stopped going for non payment, the crew leader told me that I needed to send a payment to ****** Construction so he can get paid because the check I wrote had been cancelled. I told the crew members that I had pay ****** Construction $6200 in cash. My house is a complete mess and now I have n o idea who is going to finish the job.

ref:
http://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-reviews/contractors-general/juan-garcia-construction-in-dallas-tx-90241320/complaints#breakdown

=======================================================================

AMOUNT: $13500

Has not finished the job will not return my phone calls. Job is paid in full. Have no bathroom and house is tore up from them.
Wrote a check for 6000.00 on feb 22 and 7500.00 on march 1, to remodel living room and master bathroom. On Feb 23 ****** and his crew did demo at my house on living room and bathroom. they showed up everyday after that until the second check was cashed for 7500.00. I have not heard from ****** since march 1, he wont return my calls and the job is no where near finished. The drywall in the living room is not done right there are cracks and gaps in the drywall, the electrical in the bathroom is not right either one light wont shut off another flickers when off and some of the outlets are not working anymore.

ref:
http://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-reviews/contractors-general/juan-garcia-construction-in-dallas-tx-90241320/complaints#breakdown

=======================================================================

AMOUNT: $1300

Juan Garcia is a FRAUD. He contracted with me to remodel a bathroom. He took $1300 from me. Call the Police if he contacts you. We signed a contract to do business on a rental property of mine and when we first met we agreed upon an amount for the complete job. I paid him half to start the job and he was to finish in 3 days time. Well, he decided to do some demo and then never showed up to the property again. I called him. He had the nerve to not return my call but texted me he was out of town and would not be back for a week. What the hell??? So, my tenants over the Thanksgiving holiday had a master bathroom that was half demo'd and inoperable. Juan proceeded to text me on the following Monday that he wouldn't do any work unless I paid him the other half. Really? By this time I realized that this Fraud had scammed me of my initial $1300. Stay clear of this Fraud. Call the Police, Dallas County DA, Trade Commission and Texas General Attorney

ref:
http://www.yellowpages.com/mesquite-tx/mip/juan-garcia-construction-481080054
http://www.citysearch.com/profile/788672950/mesquite_tx/juan_garcia_construction.html


=======================================================================

AMOUNT: $3000

Juan Garcia Construction in Dallas was referred by Rainbow Restoration in Denton, Texas. This little fu*er, Juan Garcia (if this is his real name) showed up in response to needed bathroom repairs due to flooding. He stole $3000, never did any work, and never came back. I'm guessing he won't live long at this rate, but AVOID THIS THIEF until that time.

He drives a pimped out 2001 red Chevy truck, license number BR9 2605

Phone numbers (214) 527-4355  (469) 324-8082
Zita F Garcia
7721 Gayglen Dr

ref:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Juan-Garcia-Construction/Dallas-Texas-75217/Juan-Garcia-Construction-in-Dallas-Juan-Garcia-Construction-in-Dallas-Ripoff-Artist-Dalla-1051277

=======================================================================

AMOUNT: $580
I posted an Ad on Craigslist looking for a contractor to do insulation work on my home as well as some weatherstripping on my doors. JR Construction, AKA Juan Garcia responded to my ad. I spoke with him on the phone and via text message, we agreed to meet in Dallas to sign a contract and discuss. Signed contract and Juan stated he needed more than half of the money up front. I hesitantly did so via a $350 Check. We met and signed the contract on Thursday, February 27, 2014. He agreed to complete the work Saturday Morning 3/1/2014. 
On Saturday, 3/1/2014 he showed up to complete the work. He completed the door weatherstripping and his insulation truck showed up shortly after that. He said he had to leave as it was his daughter's 15th birthday party and asked for the remainder of the money. I paid him $230 in cash which was the agreed upon remainder of the contract. 
About 20 minutes pass and he calls my cell phone and said there is a problem with the check I gave him on Thursday and that he needs to collect the $350 in cash. 
I checked with my bank and the check had cleared the same day I wrote it to him. I believe he went to my bank and cashed it, but I'm not sure. I told him I would pay him no more money and he needed to complete the job. He said he can't complete the job as he tried to deposit the check and my bank had put a 7 day hold on the check. I took a picture of my online bank statement showing the check had cleared my bank and sent it to him via text . I demanded he give me my money back or complete the work. He said he would come back to my house and straighten it out.
He then called the subcontractor (Nico's Insulation in Lewisville, TX) and said that he wouldn't be paying them as "I didn't pay him". They knocked on my door and I spoke to them and explained that I had already paid him. After waiting about half an hour for him to show back up at my house to straighten this out, the subcontractors said they believe he may have scammed both of us. They said he didn't pay them yet and they are afraid he has done this before. They did not go into detail about how they knew he had done this before, just that they didn't trust him. They were very nice to me and encouraged me to call the police and file a report. Which I plan on doing in a couple of days if he doesn't get the work done. 
After looking on the internet and on ripoffreport, I see that others have been scammed by this contractor and that he has a criminal record for this sort of thing. Can't believe I was so foolish as to not look into this contractor further!
ref:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JR-Construction/Mesquite-Texas/JR-Construction-Juan-Garcia-JR-Insulation-Work-Ripoff-Theft-Stolen-Took-my-Money-Thi-1127524

http://www.pandahi.com/1025473854.html

3 comments:

  1. Please reach out to me ASAP! I'm dealing with this scam artist right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn! That guy Juan Garcia, I paid him $4,800 for put a new driveway for my home then after 2 days they left. He stole my $4,800.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way my name Matt Mcalexander that happen in burleson tx.

    ReplyDelete